IMPORTANT: RUN NUMBER 1 SOLD OUT. Orders placed before 27 Nov will ship middle of December, run 2 will ship in January 2024
Xena is a rework of the legendary Mutable Instruments Ambika DIY synthesizer. Now fully machine assembled with an updated layout and an improved modern power supply. Available with all ordinal 3 voice cards and compatible with 3rd part operating systems.
- 6 voices with individual outputs.
- 2 digital oscillators per voice, with 36 oscillator algorithms/wavetables.
- 1 sub-oscillator, also configurable as a transient generator.
- Pre-filter overdrive and bit-crushing effect.
- Analog 4-pole filter (or 2-pole multimode filter depending on the type of voicecard used) and VCA.
- 3 ADSR envelopes, 3 patch-level LFOs, 1 voice-level LFO.
- Modulation matrix with 14 slots and 4 modulation modifiers.
- 1 arpeggiator, 1 note sequencer and 2 step sequencers per part.
- Flexible mapping of the 6 voices. A single patch with 6 voice-polyphony, 6 independent mono parts, 2 layered patches with 3-voices polyphony, a 3-voice unison bass line on the lower half of the keyboard with a 3-voice unison lead on the upper half... all are possible!
- MicroSD storage allows the storing of a life-long of patches, programs and multis, along with the history of editing operations for undo/redo.
- Easy to change voice cards
The device is available with the original 3 Mutable voice cards (more will be added later one). Mixing voice cards is possible but not recommended.
SMR Filter: This filter uses the same topology as the Shruthi SMR4mkII. It is a low pass 4 pole OTA-C filter. Its a smooth "Rolandish" type filter
4P Filter: This filter uses the same core as the Shruhti 4-Pole Mission but only offers the LP4 output. I would characterize the 4P filter as a a bit fuzzier than the SMR type
SVF Filter: This filter board features a 2-pole state variable filter with low-pass, band-pass and high-pass modes. It is half of the Shruthi SVF Filter
SMR-4 Ambika Demo:
4P vs SMR Demo:
General Amibika Usage Demo:
Xena Desktop Synth
12V DC universal (100-240V) Power Supply
Preformatted SD card