New 2.0 Firmware!
- Online parameter editor: https://misw.us/editor
- Edit Midi CC# per channel on USB MIDI and TRS MIDI Outputs
- Set MIDI CC Range
- Adjust I2C Leader/Follower Mode
- Adjust boot delay
- Improved I2C stability for Disting
- USB MIDI thru to TRS MIDI
UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS FOR 1.xx Devices:
press the reset twice with USB connected, copy the firmware file to the folder that pops up, it will confirm and the window will close automatically.
The firmware is now unified for F8R and XVI, to identify the device as XVI, DIP switch #4 must be switched to ON
THE DIP SWITCH IS NOW DEPRCIATED, ALL FUNCTIONS IT SERVED ARE NOW DONE VIA WEB EDITOR. The ONLY function is serves now is to identify the unit as 16 channel instead of 8: if only 8 channels are showing up in the editor that means you did not switch DIP channel #4 to on.
XVI is a 16 channel, 44hp control surface for Eurorack
- Long throw LED 60mm faders
- 0-5V, 0-10V, -5 to +5V CV ranges per channel
- Fully analog CV outputs
- I2C communications as leader or follower
- Fully buffered I2C communication
- I2C mode and addressing easily set by hardware switches. No coding needed
- 0.1" pitch I2C and MIDI headers on the back of the device (1 for each)
- I2C, MIDI, and CV can be used simultaneously
- Arduino codebase for further customization of midi output/I2C data
- Available expander with additional midi and i2c outs
- Dual Colored LEDs. Red/Green . Red/Blue, Blue/Pink
Dont forget to order an I2C/MIDI cable if you need one!
Expander Available which adds 3 Midi outputs, 3 I2C ports
44HP Width, 20mm Depth
Current Draw: +12V 90 mA, -12V 80 mA
Basic Usage instructions:
Voltage Select switches: Independent for each channel. Does NOT affect MIDI/I2C data
Slider LED color: To change the LED color, simply remove the cap and rotate the square LED 180s. Do NOT force the LED back in, it should slide in easily, may require wiggling.
Power Header: Standard 10pin power cable, there is NO polarity for this connection. It can be connected either way. the USB5V header is not used in the euro configuration of the device
MIDI Out Header: This is a 4 pin header but only 3 or 2 connections need to be used. To connect to a DIN cable, either GND, 5 (to pin 5, current sink/aka -), and 4 (to pin 4, current source/aka +) should be used. For internal module to module connections, only pin 4 and 5 should be used. The ground pin is only for the shield in a midi cable, it is never connected on a midi input and isnt necessary for the short module to module lengths
I2C Header: 3 pin header to connect to other I2C devices in your rack, this is an unbuffered connection so cable lengths should be as short as possible (20cm/6" recommended). There are 4.7k pull up resistors on this connection
Connector for Expander: This connects the XVI to the I/O expander. The cable is attached to the expander. Note the keyway below the 1 in on the part, the connecter will ONLY connect one way
Firmware update procedure: Connect the Mini USB to your computer, power up the module and press the blue reset button on the back of the module twice (quickly). A new drive will appear on your computer, simply copy the firmware file to that drive (it will give you a warning about copying a file without properties). The drive will disappear once the file is copied and the module will reboot with the new firmware.
CURRENT FIRMWARE VERSION: 1.02
Open Source Licenses: