New 2.0 Firmware!
- Online parameter editor: https://misw.us/editor
- Edit Midi CC# per channel on USB MIDI and TRS MIDI Outputs
- Set MIDI CC Range
- Adjust I2C Leader/Follower Mode
- Adjust boot delay
- Improved I2C stability for Disting
- USB MIDI thru to TRS MIDI
UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS FOR 1.xx Devices:
press the reset twice with USB connected, copy the firmware file to the folder that pops up, it will confirm and the window will close automatically.
The firmware is now unified for F8R and XVI, to identify the device as XVI, DIP switch #4 must be switched to ON
THE DIP SWITCH IS NOW DEPRCIATED, ALL FUNCTIONS IT SERVED ARE NOW DONE VIA WEB EDITOR. The ONLY function is serves now is to identify the unit as 16 channel instead of 8: if only 8 channels are showing up in the editor that means you did not switch DIP channel #4 to on.
XVI Desktop is a 16 channel desktop control surface.
- Long throw LED 60mm faders
- 0-5V, 0-10V, -5 to +5V CV ranges per channel
- USB Powered (MINI USB, Cable included)
- Fully analog CV outputs
- I2C communications as leader or follower
- 2x Fully buffered I2C Ports for longer cable runs. (3.5mm TRS)
- I2C mode and addressing easily set by hardware switches. No coding needed
- USB MIDI and TRS B MIDI (can be used simultaneously with different mappings)
- I2C, MIDI, and CV can be used simultaneously
- Arduino codebase for further customization of midi output/I2C data
- Dual Colored LEDs. Red/Green . Red/Blue, Blue/Pink or Plain (no LED)
- Enclosure is 220mmx125mmx31mm
IMPORTANT: This device requires a MiniUSB 5V power supply which supplies 500mA or more (not included) for stand alone use. It is NOT recommend for use with passive USB hubs, only powered ones.
Other Important note: As of Serial#4161, all devices have TRS MIDI A. The spec has been official for a while now so all MiSW devices will confirm to TRS MIDI A. Both types of cables will be available in the shop
Basic Usage instructions:
Voltage Select switches: Independent for each channel. Does NOT affect MIDI/I2C data
Slider LED color: To change the LED color, simply remove the cap and rotate the square LED 180s. Do NOT force the LED back in, it should slide in easily, may require wiggling.
USB: Mini USB connection for power and/or connection to computer. For use, simply connect to a 5V USB wall wart, 150 mA min (not included). The device is a class compliant MIDI device and requires no drivers.
I2C: 2 buffered I2C ports. Can be used as a small I2C hub
Dissassembly: Simply remove the 4 screws from the side without the connections, remove the side plate, and slide out the bottom of the device
Power backpack: This is the power supply for the device. When converting to the eurorack configuration simply remove. There is a standard 10pin power header below.
Includes 2m USB MINI Cable
Firmware update procedure: Connect the Mini USB to your computer and press the blue reset button on the back of the module twice (quickly). A new drive will appear on your computer, simply copy the firmware file to that drive (it will give you a warning about copying a file without properties). The drive will disappear once the file is copied and the module will reboot with the new firmware.
CURRENT FIRMWARE VERSION: 2.0
Open Source Licenses: